Monday, February 20, 2012

Time to Panic

Dearest Dema,
Well, after a few days of basking in the glow of paperwork sent off - I am starting to feel the itch of concern as we wait. We are still waiting on confirmation of the delivery of the documents, the appointment for submission, and then the date to travel. All of course are out of our hands.
So, to ease the strain, I put together a little party of people that hosted some of your friends from the orphanage this past summer so that everyone could get together an commiserate on their progress on adoptions, or lack thereof. It was a great party - you would have recognized everyone there. It was nice to reconnect with everyone and find out where they were in the process of their adoptions. But it had one unintended consequence, I got freaked out! I realized that we were the furthest along of anyone and that really there was not a lot of time before you came. A few months at most. I wasn’t any closer on learning Russian, your room was only half set up, and I hadn’t started cleaning out closet space for you.
This has served to kick me into high gear as I am motivated now to get everything ready. I promise that things will be ready for you. I want to make things as nice as possible for when you arrive. I know that you will want to put your own touches on the room, but I want to feel that you have everything you need to start off with.
So, off to start getting things ready for you!
Love,
Bethany, G3, G4, & Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment