Friday, March 30, 2012

Mortician or Spy? You Decide

Dearest Dema,
Well, things are in full swing as we get ready to come and get you. You would not believe what we are going through to make this happen! The first, money. Apparently we have to take most of our money in cash and it has to be nice bills - maybe not new, but unmarked and uncreased. So I went to our bank yesterday and found out that you just can not get new money. So I sat there for an hour as every teller went through their drawer to find the prettiest bills they had. And then it only amounted to half of what we needed. So back to the bank next week to get the rest of it hopefully.
Then I had to switch gears really quick as I had a speaking engagement at a local library near Salt Lake City. It is part of the promotion for my book, but it is hard to concentrate when I am so excited about coming to get you. But, I got through that.
Next, Amanda has been training hard for the State Championships (which are tomorrow) and must have hurt herself last week. She is very tough and covers it up but couldn’t hold it in any longer last night. We thought it was just a separated muscle or a sprain, but it is obviously more than that. Her back was killing her and today she was diagnosed with a pinched nerve by the doctor. It probably happened last week when she was thrown by a fellow classmate and landed wrong, but now I really don’t know what to do. She is dying to compete tomorrow, so I guess we will let her, but I don’t know how good she do.
And on to G4 - who still doesn’t have his driver’s license. We keep fussing at him that he has to get it by the time we leave, because he will be all alone. Grandma doesn’t get into town until the 18th and we leave the 6th, so count ‘em - 12 days alone. There is no way he can ask others to drive him around. HE NEEDS TO DRIVE. He just has to do one more class that he was scheduled to do tonight but missed it. ARGHHHHHH. Just wait until you have kids. You will understand the maternal angst I am having. I don’t want to leave him alone but have no choice. But if I am going to leave him, I don’t want him stranded.
In other news, we went clothes shopping for you today. That was a fun exercise since we have no idea how much you have grown. So it was guess work. And quite by accident, trying to pick out clothes that we thought you would like, we ended up by getting everything in black! You are going to look like a mortician, or as G4 said, a spy. Hopefully you will like them and they will fit. But if not, oh well, we will have to try to find something there. The only positive thing I can say is that the color will hide dirt. 
I am impressed with how many people we are touching with this adoption, from the bank tellers to our friends. We just got a call today from some neighbors who want to throw you a welcome home party. You truly are very loved and very wanted already! Anyway, that’s all for now. 
Hugs and kisses,
Bethany, G3, G4, & Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment