Thursday, July 12, 2012

No rest for the weary

This week has been just a crazy whirlwind. I keep thinking that life will slow down at some point, but it never does. I guess I will just have to adjust my expectations.

On Monday, G3 and I had to go out to dinner with some of the people he works with. He has a team of about 55-60 people under him, but his heart really with the financial team. That is where he came from years ago, so he has a soft spot for them. His team has been working really hard and he wanted to reward them. He invited them and their spouses out to dinner and surprised them with their raises at dessert. They were really surprised and excited. Unfortunately, I had to leave Alex to go to dinner. He was not happy for me to leave him. But G4 took him and Amanda out to the new Spiderman movie and he seemed to be happy.

On Tuesday, G3 and I had to go to Park City for a DNC fundraiser. We have donated quite a bit to the Obama campaign this year (yes, we are progressive, liberal, tree-hugging, democrats!). Joe Biden was speaking and we were excited to go. I met the most lovely woman there and hopefully have made a new friend. Also, after Biden spoke, he said he would take some questions from the audience. I raised my hand and was one of the 3 questions he took. Afterwards, there was quite a line to meet him in person and G3 and I were at the end of the line. He had to leave to have dinner with the hosts of the fundraiser, so he started to walk away, but at the last moment, he looked at me and recognized me as one of the question askers and motioned me over. He spent about 10 minutes talking to G3 and myself hugging and kissing me - it was crazy!!! Of course, if anyone is wondering what my question was about - don't think too hard. What is the subject most of interest to me? Why, educational freedom of course! Homeschooling is not just the special interest of the right wing party, and I wanted to make that point.

Anyway, poor Alex was left without me for a second night in a row - he was a little miffed. But by Wednesday, I had a sore throat and cough - arghhhh! I have been so sick these past few months. I am so over being sick. I tried to rest, but Alex wanted to go to the trampoline place, so I dragged myself out with him. At least all I have to do is sit. G3 came to relieve me so I was able to come home (not rest - but to make dinner!) Then after making dinner, I went to put some laundry away in Alex's room and started hyperventilating at the mess. I could not resist it, but had to clean up. That was a 45 minute ordeal. But I found a picture of his dad and him (at about age 3) that was just thrown under some clothes. I found a picture frame and put it on the night table for him. He actually said thank when he came home and saw that I had cleaned up - that is a big step - before he insisted on doing it himself and didn't want me cleaning.

Then about 5 minutes before G3 came home I finally sat down. He walked in and said, "I am glad you had a chance to rest!"  Ack!!! I can't win!

No comments:

Post a Comment