Thursday, May 3, 2012

Get ready to need more hankies

So, it is now 4:30 in the morning and I am even more tired than yesterday I think. The hotel had air conditioning but it was not sufficient let's say. Neither was it cold enough outside when we opened the window! So we are not all that rested. I told G3 I had to finish yesterday's blog just to give me an excuse to stay in bed a few more minutes.

I think these things will not go in the letters I am giving Alex. When we got to the hotel, we had to get two rooms, one for the kids and one for us. They only had rooms with 2 twin beds available. I was beat so I just put the kids in their room and said let's rest a while before going out to eat. All of a sudden there was a knock at our door. Alex came rushing in and this went on for about a half hour or so. Amanda told us that he was like a kids a Christmas. He opened up the suitcase we got him and went through it item by item. I had put some miscellaneous things in it like a bottle of hand sanitizer, a packet of tic-tacs, etc. Everything that he could, he rushed over to share. He wanted us to clean our hands, take a tic-tac, etc. I was humbled all over again. Here is someone who had almost nothing, then gets a little something, and the first thing he wants to do is share it! Wow!

Then I was crying again! He brought over a picture of his dad holding him when he was 3 years old. He wanted to share it with us! He is the spitting image of his dad - and that started me off all over again. I think I was exasperating him a little because he looked at me like - what is your problem? Then later Amanda told us he came back to the room and wanted to shower and change again! He was anxious to try out the deodorant and body spray we had packed in his suitcase.

Once he was done, (she said he primped like a girl), we stepped out to go to dinner. We walked about 2 blocks to a restaurant and once we sat down, he took over. He was helping us with the menu, ordering for us (I didn't have the heart to tell him we had English menus) and generally taking over! It was so cute. We had given him an old iphone that we had because we don't have a home phone - everyone had cell phones. It is not connected to service yet so it really is just an ipod touch until we get home. But he had it out and was connected to the wireless in the restaurant and every other minute was saying, Dad, or Mom, and showing us something.

Anyway, gotta go - John is guilting me into getting up. I am convinced that we have adopted the best kid in the whole world. More later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment