Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 23 : Sad News from home


Dearest Alex,
We got some terrible news late last night. A good friend lost her husband and brother in a boating accident during a yacht race. It is so tragic, they were such a wonderful family and had done so much for the homeschooling community. And the most tragic thing is the kids that are left now without a dad.
We are stunned and saddened. She had helped me so much with my book among other things and my heart goes out to her. I wish there was something I could do but being halfway around the world and half a day ahead makes it difficult.
I think this really brought home to me how isolating it is here to be apart from my life for so long. It seems so weird a situation. On one hand, there is nothing more important to me than you right now and getting everything done here, but on the other hand there is everything that is left behind. Now that we have gotten through court and are starting to talk about going home, I see that these two worlds are going to have to mesh together and soon. It sometimes seems insurmountable and at others no big deal. But either way, there is not much that can be done over here about it.
I finally was able to get through to my mom last night and find out about things at the house. G4 is wonderful but it seems a little like getting information out of a stone at times. She was able to update me on everything going on and how your room is coming along. I had thought that we had a little more time than we did so hadn’t spent as much time in your room as I had wanted before we came to get you. So thank goodness, she was able to step in and help out.
My next task is to deal with clothes for you. We bought a few things that I brought with me to get you home, but that is about all I have. I am going to take those into the orphanage today when we see you to see if they fit. Once I can make some determinations as to what sizes you are, I will call Grandma at home so she can start stocking up your closet.I don’t mind laundry, but I want you to have enough to get through a week or two so I don’t have to worry about it all the time.
Well, I am just laying in bed right now typing on my computer - time to get up and face the day even if it is with a heavy heart. Hearing the bad news just makes everything I have seem more precious right now, especially you. I just want you to know how much we love you and can’t wait for the day when we don’t have to say goodbye any more and know that you will always be with us!
Love,
Bethany, G3, G4, & Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment