Saturday, April 7, 2012

Reflections on Easter Morning

So, it is 6:45am on Easter morning. I am awake now, all messed up on time zones. Amanda was up in the middle of the night for a couple of hours but was able to get back asleep. I see the wisdom of arriving a few days early to get acclimated to the times.
But as I sit here in this tiny apartment, I can’t help but wonder exactly what we are doing. At home, everything seemed very clear. We fell in love with you, Dema, and wanted you to join our family. Our kids approved, our family approved, everything was easy - but now over in Ukraine - everything is not so clear. There is such a different way of life here and it seems so hard to wrap my head around it. And I have even traveled here before! If there is one thing that I hate, it is being out of my element - pushing the envelope so to speak. I am a little control freaky and not feeling in control of my own destiny is hard. But what are we expecting out of you? That same thing in spades. This is only a trip for us but for you it will be a lifetime. And you are younger and more alone. You will have our support, but for a while I am sure that you will not feel it, even though I assure you it will be there. I know you are strong and smart, but I hope you will come through this ok. You will be such a blessing to our family and I only hope that we will be able to be the same for you.
But on the other hand some things never change no matter where you are. I have already done three loads of laundry. It seems that laundry followed me halfway around the world! 
I know that your Easter isn’t until next week - but Happy Easter early!
Hugs and Kisses,
Bethany
(this was all me so I am going to be the only one signing it)

No comments:

Post a Comment