Thursday, June 7, 2012

Our first fight

Alex and I had our first fight 2 nights ago. I think it scared both of us down to our toes. It was so stupid - a combination of tiredness, hunger, and misunderstanding, but I had to walk away from him as I counted to 10. It was about dinner of all things. I think he was really worried, as I have never walked away from him before. Later in the evening, I was in the laundry room, folding laundry, when he came in and put his head on my shoulder. He nuzzled up against my neck and I turned around and hugged him. He said, "Is ok mom" and I sighed a huge sigh of relief. It was SCARY - I think we both worried that this was it - but when we got over our snit and calmed down and realized that everything was ok, and we still loved each other - it was a really special moment. I think Alex is really starting to realize that he can't get rid of me - no matter what!

We have had a busy couple of days - TKd for Amanda, kickboxing for Alex, and great news for G4 - he was accepted at USC. We had decided on Seattle at the University of Washington, but now he is wobbling towards USC. I would LOVE to go back to Los Angeles! But it is what G4 needs more than what I want.

This morning it was dental visits for the 2 boys. We needed crowbars to pry them out of bed to get to the office by 9:00. I have learned now that all appointments need to be made after 1:00 in the afternoon. But after several hours there - I needed to be resuscitated after finding out all that is wrong. Alex has 9 cavities and needs one root canal and a crown. This is on top of the 4 wisdom teeth that need to be removed and braces. The dental bill just for the cavities and the crown will be around $2500. After the $1500 for the wisdom teeth and the $3000 for braces - we will be living in a cardboard box!

I know I have said it a million times, but I am so gratified to have Alex in our family. He makes me laugh (we had a big tickle fight this afternoon). He is so funny and playful, and yet helpful and considerate. He always wants to protect me and gets jealous when I am busy with the other kids (not really jealous - but he always reminds me with an,"I love you", that he is still there! He is a GREAT kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment